Creative Internship Winter/Spring 2023
Note: this will be a REMOTE internship, as our office is closed due to COVID-19. Looking for students living in a US Time Zone.
Are you looking for a fun, growing company to intern at that will give you a proper firsthand look at the world of boutique music publishing? Then an internship at Spirit is right for you!
Spirit Music Group is the fastest-growing independent music publisher of the last decade. We represent a catalog of more than 100,000 works reflecting over 1,000 charted hits spanning nine decades, including the works of Pete Townshend of The Who, T. Rex, Toto, Graham Nash, Salt-N-Pepa, Ingrid Michaelson, Digital Farm Animals, Big Data, Daddy Yankee, Matt and Kim, Joy Williams, Noelle Scaggs of Fitz and The Tantrums and many more.
We are in search of enthusiastic and assertive interns with good ears and sharp minds to assist our Creative Sync Licensing Department for the Winter/Spring 2023 semester.
Interns will learn about and participate in the following areas of music publishing:
· Reviewing metadata and tagging audio in our library
· Reporting on weekly albums and singles chart performance
· Tracking new releases
· Delivering songwriter/split information by song title
· Assisting with song searches
· Researching current catalog titles, musical trends, etc.
· Attending weekly Creative/Sync Team meetings
· Maintaining various project documentation
· Basic knowledge of music and the music business
· Knowledge of music publishing and DISCO is preferred
· Proficient at using Microsoft Office suite, Google Drive & spreadsheets
· Must be able to receive college credit
· Must be proficient on a PC and have your own laptop
Once again, this is an unpaid internship for current students only. You must be able to receive college credit in order to be eligible.
We’re looking for you to commit 2-3 days (approx. 15-20 hours) per week. Note: this will be a REMOTE internship, as our office is closed due to COVID-19.
Our office hours are 10am-6pm PT. We are looking for someone who is in a US time zone.
All interested candidates, please apply via Handshake OR e-mail your résumé and a cover letter by December 16th to:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.