Care Delivery Undergraduate Intern - Part Time
Description - External
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, youll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
Department Name: National Care Delivery Operations, Clinical Services
Department Overview: Our work engages senior executives, clinical and operational leaders in the identification, prioritization and consistent implementation of a wide range of strategic care delivery initiatives to improve organizational performance, quality, member experience and ensure an enterprise approach to align with KP’s long term strategic goals. We are seeking highly motivated undergraduate interns to contribute to strategic projects with impact across the enterprise in the areas of Senior Care Strategy, Care Continuum, Laboratory, and Virtual Care.
- Project scoping for new pipeline initiatives, including an external competitive assessment, internal current state scan, and identifying key opportunities and next steps for project implementation
- Development of business cases, project plans, reporting dashboards and project strategies
- Development of communication strategies across KP markets
- Process and performance improvement application, including journey mapping and workflow design
- Gaining alignment across diverse stakeholders
- Exploring and identifying best practices
Target skill set: Interest in project management, analytic and consulting skills, including identifying and evaluating best practices, communication and presentation skills. Interest in design-thinking, process and performance improvement. Proficiency with PC applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Teams.
Desired Major: Students with public health, business administration, or clinical fields (nursing, medicine, mental health, pharmacy, physical therapy etc.) are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Remote
Internship Duration: 12 weeks
**Internship would ideally start January 16, 2023 and has the option to run 12 weeks. The team is flexible on hours and anticipate this role to be a remote position. Candidates must reside within a KP market (CA, OR, WA, HI, CO, VA, DC, MD, GA).
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Qualifications - External
- Pursuing a bachelors degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.