Content Marketing Intern
This position is hosted under the Constellations Fellowship program. There are a total of 27+ internship positions available for the Spring 2023 semester. To view all positions please visit: https://www.globalwarmingmitigationproject.org/constellations-positions
This position is completely remote and interns are awarded a $1,000 stipend upon the completion of the internship.
Content Marketing Intern
About the Organization:
A recipient of the Blue Climate Initiative’s 2022 Ocean Innovation Prize, Symbrosia breeds and cultivates fast-growing seaweed strains and develops them into high-value, high-impact products. Symbrosia has developed SeaGraze™, a natural seaweed feed additive that drastically reduces livestock methane emissions. In June 2022, Symbrosia closed a $7 million Series A funding round led by Danone Manifesto Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of food company Danone. Symbrosia is rapidly scaling production and bringing SeaGraze™ to market with innovative partners to enable the creation of the world’s most sustainable animal products.
“Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world you are one.” — Robert Rose
Through this internship, you will learn what it's like to be a core team member at a fast-growing startup in the climate sector and how marine algaes and microbes can help us solve some of the world's largest problems. You will put your storytelling, analysis, and communications skills to work by doing foundational research to shape Symbrosia’s marketing & brand strategy and develop action plans.
During this internship you will:
1. Help Symbrosia enhance marketing & brand strategy and develop plans to execute on that strategy
2. Create landscape analyses of websites, blogs, podcasts, and other media sources that Symbrosia should build relationships with
3. Devise a strategy for which conferences would be most strategic for Symbrosia to attend to build brand recognition
4. Build out Symbrosia’s Ambassador Program
5. Create lasting impact on the trajectory of our company
6. Have the best internship of your life
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Market research - Look beyond what’s most popular to find the most strategic blogs, podcasts, websites, and other earned media sources for Symbrosia to be featured on. Turn your research into an interconnected landscape/map of relevant media that guides Symbrosia’s brand-building strategy
- Conference research - From climate-tech, to aquaculture, to agriculture, to food systems, to science, research upcoming industry events and conferences and create a strategy for what events Symbrosia should show up to and why. Present the strategy to the team for feedback and iterate
- Brand strategy - audit the strategy and thought behind Symbrosia’s branding, contribute your ideas, gather expertise via research, and help the company continue to improve
- Experience with market research, landscape analysis, or general research projects
- Curious & eager to learn
- Relentlessly resourceful
- Good communicator
- Willing to lead a project and develop strategy
- Willing to handle small, detailed, important day-to-day tasks
- Motivated by climate action. Our product serves as a tool for reducing global greenhouse gas emissions. We are a team that is motivated by this value.
Time Commitment: 10 hours / week