Intern - Change Management and HR
BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The purpose of this internship is to support Astec Industries with the successful implementation of Oracle as part of its transformation in alignment with our OneASTEC business model. The Project Helix team is leading the initiative to implement the suite of systems we will use to connect people, products & processes across the organization. This position will report into the change management team which also includes instructional design/training, communications, and human resources.
- Support training developers with the successful development of training deliverables to properly prepare employees, contractors, and/or customers for the implementation of Oracle at Astec Industries, Inc.
- Assist in coordination of training activities virtually, in person or in any hybrid format to ensure effective transfer of knowledge.
- Support in maintaining a comprehensive metric system and generation of related reports.
- Coordination of engagement activities and project events, such as onsite workshops.
- Support the execution of communications initiatives.
- Technical support and coordination of communications items, such as maintaining distribution lists, scheduling team meetings, etc.
- Support on SharePoint development and design projects.
- Support with recruitment activities such as working with talent vendors and coordinating interviews.
- Support with onboarding activities for new Project Helix members to include notifications for proper access to systems/facilities as well as providing onboarding support to Astec resource/manager upon hire.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Assist with the design of training content for employees, contractors, and/or customers, including the development of training materials, the planning, preparation, coordination, and potential facilitation of training activities.
- Support the training team in preparing and executing a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as MS PowerPoint presentations, job aids, standard operating procedures, swim line diagrams, videos, and others.
- Support with coordination and facilitation of onsite project workshops & events.
- Support with coordination of roundtable meetings and management of follow up items from those events.
- Seek continuous improvement ideas that will help the team's productivity and success through engagement and leadership development activities.
- Copywriting and design for multiple communication channels, including flyers, PowerPoint presentations, digital signage, emails, etc.
- Draft presentations for a variety of meetings & events.
- Support the Change Management team with additional activities as needed.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program for instructional design, I/O psychology, education, human resources, or related field.
- Relevant experience through practicum, internships, or other applied educational assignments preferred.
- A passion for helping others succeed.
- An affinity for the generation and evaluation of data to ensure program quality and to inform decision making.
- Thrive in a continually evolving environment by delivering outstanding work results while demonstrating excellent coping mechanisms.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based atmosphere with high standards for accuracy, quality, and innovation.
- Ability to work in a high volume, production environment that requires flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Stays on top of assigned work priorities, checking with leadership to clarify, confirm, and strategize for priority, workload, and workflow.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive, cooperative, take ownership of assigned responsibilities and work with little supervision.
- Strong writing ability.
- Critical thinking and good communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.