The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting in the management of existing skincare and haircare brands and key projects for the IMD region (Caribbean & Latin America). Will need to possess a balance of strong attention to detail, project management, and adaptability. Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, lead multiple projects concurrently, and display excellent multicultural teamwork skills in a remote environment.
What you will do:
- Assist in managing all aspects of the IMD unique skincare and haircare brands artwork process from CDAP to SmartFlow as well as development of Spanish language back label artwork.
- Work with the Global and Regional skincare and haircare brand teams, the InCreative team plus outside vendors to manage the artwork projects.
- Maintain timely communication of skincare and haircare NPDs and product changes to the appropriate contacts to enable in-market product registrations.
- Assist in representing IMD in appropriate process & decision-making forums and communication vehicles, i.e. Kaihatsu meetings to communicate IMD’s requirements and needs.
- Ensure visibility of IMD’s Caribbean and LATAM regional unique brand portfolio needs
- Collaborate with IMD team members, Global teams, and Regional partners on all aspects of the skincare and haircare brands: new product launches, packaging, advertising, PR, digital and consumer marketing/trade programs.
- Assist with brand marketing skincare and haircare marketing plans and marketing program executions as needed.
- Manage translation process with outside agency
- Coordinate asset delivery to distributor or Creative/PR agency partners
- Assist in managing the LATAM Caribbean SharePoint site.
- Manage platform access change requests.
- Create and upload marketing materials and brand updates to ensure the distributors and agencies have the most current product information.
- Assist in preparing annual brand decks for IMD Distributor Conference, Beauty Advisor Guides, and Product Reference Guides for Sales
- Assist in maintaining New Item/Soft Convert/Discontinue tracker spreadsheet for IMD team
What you will need:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program
- Experience in consumer packaged goods environment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Spanish language, professional working proficiency required (reading and writing, primarily)
- Computer Skills: Data systems, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
- Strong business aptitude with demonstrated project management, quantitative and analytical skills, and attention to detail are a must
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, demonstrated leader with strong interpersonal skills that excels in hands-on team environment with a lot of cross functional interaction
- Flexible work style, critical thinking, and a strong drive for results
- Ability to manage time, multiple projects, and prioritize effectively is critical
- International business travel may be required
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the Americas region Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Kao Consumer and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit: https://www.kao.com/americas/en/