Playbook Sports, a subsidiary of NYC Sports LLC, enables sports entrepreneurs to grow and automate their businesses so they can expand the positive impact that they have in their communities.
We are hiring new candidates for our Quality Assurance Team to engage with the development team and ensure quality of the features built by automating testing framework.
The urgency is to hire a QA Developer who can take initiative and self-start a complete testing automation process using Selenium tool with Python Scripts. Our product is completely Python based with the Django framework.
We have over 150 partners across the United States, Canada, and Australia who have turned to Playbook Sports software to help enhance their websites, improve their sales funnels, and digitally retrofit their customer experience for the 21st century.
About the role
We are searching for a passionate, experienced, and versatile QA Developer with strong technical, people, and process skills to lead the QA / test team at Playbook. As the QA Developer you will be responsible for architecting, implementing and completing Playbook's best-practices Agile based QA test methodology which serves to ensure high quality across all the POD / scrum team cloud-based product results.
- Responsible for all aspects of test methodology and execution.
- Drive towards extensive metrics-based automated test coverage and lead the development of test strategies and in the creation of test plans.
- Leverage technology, tools, automation, and industry standard methodologies to ensure an elite QA / Test function at Playbook.
- Evangelize standard processes in testing and be a strong advocate for QA in daily stand-ups and cross functional meetings.
- Demonstrate passion and dedication to delivering the highest quality products.
- Cultivate close working relationships across all engineering teams as well as outside groups including Product Management, Program Management, UX Design, and Data to ensure on time high quality deliverables.
- Strong experience with writing Python unit tests (particularly Django unit tests)
- Ability to develop Selenium scripts to simulate user interactions in automated test
- Comfortable working with databases and understanding database schemas (while this position will not require writing SQL scripts, you will be required to thoroughly understand relational databases)
- Proficient working with Git to collaborate with other developers
- Relentless work ethic
- Possess deep understanding of QA standard methodologies with the ability to develop a team to successfully complete those best practices.
- Experience leading parallel projects in a dynamic high energy scrum team based agile environment.
- Working knowledge of best-in-class engineering methodologies / process infrastructure using Atlassian, Jira, and Confluence tool suites.
- Experience with agile development methodologies leveraging on test driven development and continuous delivery (CI / CD).
- Proven track record in managing a QA process based heavily on metrics geared towards assessing quality levels and continuous improvement.