Visual Media Intern *Remote Opportunity*
USQ seeks a Visual Media intern for the 2022-23 season with strong organizational skills and attention to detail to help with video/livestream projects for the season. USQ is a fully remote organization; the intern can be located anywhere in the United States. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Visual Media Manager.
This position will require up to 15 hours of work per week, though some weeks may vary slightly. The intern will be able to have a flexible schedule, with some virtual meetings and possible travel to events (if needed, and if availability allows). This internship is from January 2022 - May2023 (with opportunity to start sooner if available).
US Quadball is the national governing body for the sport of quadball. USQ advances the sport by organizing events and programs that build community and empower adult and youth athletes of all identities, including all races and genders, to compete together. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit
founded in 2010, US Quadball serves an average of 2,500 athletes and 100 teams each season nationwide and provides a range of programs and services.
● Provide assistance with the execution of USQ’s visual media strategy
● Provide strategic input and feedback on video/livestream initiatives
● Creating graphics for livestream and video projects
● Update and maintain USQ’s livestream pages
● Manage and update video archive
● Assist in administrative duties
● Broadcasting, Film, or Communications major or minor; or relevant experience
● Self-starter who has an attention to detail
● Comfortable working on video editing software
● Knowledge or willingness to learn Canva
● Hard-working and team-oriented
● Comfortable working on multiple livestream platforms (Twitch, YouTube, Facebook
Live) and digital collaboration tools like Slack and Google Drive
● Passion for USQ’s diversity, equity, and inclusion values, including supporting
transgender and nonbinary athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, and other
members of the quadball community
● Practical experience on video/livestream projects in the sports industry
● Mentoring and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
● Opportunity to network with individuals across the country
● Flexible schedule for students
● Ability to earn college credit
● When they assist at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is
encouraged but not required for this role
Applicants can apply on Handshake, or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is optional, but not required. If emailing, ensure your email title mentions ‘Visual Media Internship Application’.