IPG Health Bold Beginners Internship Program: Digital Production
2023 Summer Internship Program
***OUR APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN ON A ROLLING BASIS ***
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
IPG Health’s Bold Beginners Internship Program is designed to offer college students the opportunity to learn about a career in healthcare advertising. Interns will work in real-world business situations, attend seminars on the different aspects of the industry and learn about the inner workings of an agency.
Each week is strategically broken down to help our interns make the most out of their time here. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are spent working in your assigned department along with a personalized mentor to show you the way. Tuesdays also include lunch and learns where we network with senior leadership across each department and enjoy various NYC lunch options (on us). Thursday is reserved for teams to work on the client project which is presented in pitch format to our C-level executives as well as the client at the end of the summer.
START DATE: Monday, June 12, 2023
END DATE: Friday, August 11, 2023
SCHEDULE: Full-time (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
FORMAT: Virtual or Hybrid-Optional
SALARY: $18/hr + OT
(The pay rate for this position is noted within this job posting. Where a prospective employee is paid this rate will depend on, among other factors; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as the applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.)
What We Do: We’re known as engineers, programmers, developers, technicians, analysts, and technologists—we're the team that provides strategic technical insights, leading-edge code execution, and digital solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Become a pro: learn cross-browser compatibility as it relates to HTML5 & CSS Semantics
- Hone in on your skills with JQuery selectors and instance methods
- Dive into Web development tools for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox
- Achieve basic knowledge of Photoshop and when to use PNGs, JPGs, and GIFs
- Add to your digital toolbox by learning version control, specifically Git
- Get to know proper responsive design and best practices
- Create and/or update and test HTML emails
- Become familiar with server-side scripting (PHP) and using the command line interface
-Rising junior, senior or recent graduate from an accredited college or university
-Engineering, computer science or related degree
-Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 9-week program
-Possess solid communication, computer, and presentation skills