IPG Health Bold Beginners Internship Program: Content Creation
2023 Summer Internship Program
***OUR APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN ON A ROLLING BASIS ***
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
IPG Health’s Bold Beginners Internship Program is designed to offer college students the opportunity to learn about a career in healthcare advertising. Interns will work in real-world business situations, attend seminars on the different aspects of the industry and learn about the inner workings of an agency.
Each week is strategically broken down to help our interns make the most out of their time here. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are spent working in your assigned department along with a personalized mentor to show you the way. Tuesdays also include lunch and learns where we network with senior leadership across each department and enjoy various NYC lunch options (on us). Thursday is reserved for teams to work on the client project which is presented in pitch format to our C-level executives as well as the client at the end of the summer.
START DATE: Monday, June 12, 2023
END DATE: Friday, August 11, 2023
SCHEDULE: Full-time (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
FORMAT: Virtual or Hybrid-Optional
SALARY: $18/hr + OT
(The pay rate for this position is noted within this job posting. Where a prospective employee is paid this rate will depend on, among other factors; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as the applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.)
What We Do: We’re problem solvers, solution finders, inventors, designers, makers, and imaginers all wrapped into one. We oversee the making of TV spots, print campaigns, and web content while developing relationships with top filmmakers and production studios in the industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Follow a project from storyboard to actual ad or commercial
- Learn the importance of paperwork through your exposure to purchase orders and processing invoices
- Own the budget estimate
- Gain familiarity with editing equipment and take part in the process
- Learn how to dub tapes and do post-production like a pro
- Become a wizard at the basics of talent contracts and payment schedules
- Expand your production knowledge by attending pre-bid meetings, pre-production meetings, and editing sessions to see how decisions are made
- Screen and select directors (know the criteria), create timetables, select sound design/music/announcer
- A rising junior, senior or recent graduate from an accredited college/university
- Passion for advertising/marketing, film, production or related degree
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 9-week program
- Possess solid communication, computer, and presentation skills
-Portfolio submission is required***