Administrative Program Assistant
The Administrative Program Assistant – Student Services Administrator (SSA) provides an essential connection for students, employees, and guests with resources and services offered at the Portland-Metro campus. The SSA will create a welcoming environment, provide excellent customer service and accurate information, and make appropriate referrals.
The SSA will assist with navigating campus policies and procedures, make appropriate referrals, and assist with navigating processes as needed. The SSA will manage all incoming inquiries on the Portland Metro campus main line and email account. The SSA manages the Student Services suite and Campus Information Center.
The SSA will provide administrative support to the Student Services staff members and designated programs by scheduling meetings, managing event logistics, coordinating travel, managing department purchases and assisting with project research.
The SSA will monitor and track expenses and revenue for all assigned budgets. The SSA will also manage and reconcile procurement card as assigned. The SSA will receive, secure, and process payments from students or fundraising revenue from registered student organizations (RSOs).
The SSA will support the marketing efforts of the Student Services department, including management of web pages, social media, the Oregon Tech Mobile App, the Weekly Bulletin, and content for bulletin board and video display boards.
The SSA will supervise and train a team of approximately 10 student workers that assist with the daily operations in Student Services, the Campus Information Center (CIC), and events on campus.
The SSA supports on-campus and community event coordination efforts; serves as resource for Student Services and student organizations; and manages travel and purchasing for student services and RSOs.
Oregon Tech’s Portland-Metro Student Services team centers our goals, priorities, and actions on student success. Our programs and services are designed to provide academic support, enhance personal wellness, develop leadership and communication skills and promote a strong sense of community. We encourage students to get involved on campus, approach faculty and staff with ideas, questions and concerns and take advantage of the resources that will help them succeed.
Student Services is a part of the division of Student Affairs. We strive for these values in all areas of what we do and how we relate to our work.
- ACCESSIBILITY – being easy to approach, reach, speak with, or understand
- ACCOUNTABILITY – taking responsibility for our actions and demonstrating leadership
- ADAPTABILITY – being able to readily adjust to different conditions
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT- involving others from Oregon Tech or external groups
- COMPASSION – feeling deep sympathy for another with the desire to assist
- CONFIDENCE – exhibiting pride and conviction in our university, our talent, and our contributions to those around us
- DIVERSITY / EQUITY / INCLUSION – welcoming and empowering individuals of differing backgrounds, identities, and life experiences
- EXCELLENCE – embracing and celebrating the highest quality standards in teaching, research, service, and innovation
- INTEGRITY – adhering to the highest standards and ethical principles
- RESPECT – demonstrating high regard for one another in interactions and treating others with dignity
- SERVICE – contributing to the well-being of our university and external communities
- STUDENT SUCCESS – prioritizing student and graduate success in every decision or action at every level of the university
- Project management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in higher education
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Ability to effectively and respectfully work, communicate, and collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings
- Ability to work effectively in a high-traffic and frequent interruption environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as databases and specialized programs
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on December 5, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5491
Then, upload the following elements to your application.
1. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
2. A resume/curriculum vitae.
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.