Digital Platform Developer
Job Title: Digital Platforms Developer
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are requiring that all full-time/part-time team members and new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain limited exceptions.
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for talented people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- 8 weeks of paid time off for parents to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional Development through our internal learning & development program - Antler Academy
- Employee Resource Groups
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
- Qualified Parking and Phone Allowance
- Complete all aspects of bucks.com, affiliate team websites, and Bucks mobile app; including planning, UX/UI design, content strategy, and publishing.
- Develop fully functional web applications using content management systems (CMS) like WordPress and Contentful.
- Manage and be main point of contact for 3rd party vendor relationships as it relates to digital platforms.
- Work alongside and collaborate with Director of Content to implement bucks.com and Bucks app content strategy.
- Respond to, isolate, and resolve technical issues for all Bucks affiliated websites and Bucks app.
- Responsible for setting website and mobile app annual important metrics and associated ongoing reporting against progress with strategic and insightful recommendations.
- Assist with any website or app driven lead generation, campaign design & development, execution, and reporting.
- Maintain knowledge in upcoming trends, the latest web technologies, and frameworks.
- Collaborate with team members in both technical and non-technical roles.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support for systems if/when needed (specifically: primary point of contact for support on bucks.com and Bucks App during Bucks events and non-Bucks Fiserv Forum events).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Having strong UI/UX experience is a plus!
- Skills: Git, SASS, Vue/React, CI/CD workflows, headless development, Rest APIs.
- Familiarity of front-end libraries, and frameworks (React/Vue/Angular, ES6, jQuery).
- Experience using code repositories like GitHub or Bitbucket and deploying code using Git.
- Ability to work with RESTful APIs using JSON data formats.
- Familiarity with CI/CD, testing, and development environments.
- Familiarity with WordPress and headless CMS configurations.
- Knowledge of SEO and ADA standard processes.
- Experience with: Netlify, Contentful is a plus!
- Willingness and ability to work the non-traditional hours of the sports industry.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider people with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.