Multimedia Designer, Marketing
Northstar Travel Group is the largest and most trusted B2B travel media and information company in the world. At Northstar, our mission is to generate insights and inspire change in the travel, meetings and hospitality industries with thought-provoking content, impactful solutions, and engaging experiences for business leaders. We believe that travel connects us to new people, places and experiences around the world, transforming our understanding of humanity.
We are looking for a Multimedia Designer, Marketing to join our Meetings Group team to bring fresh and focused ideas for translating marketing messages into visually striking formats. You will touch a wide variety of marketing, event and editorial content, from online advertising, social media, and marketing pieces to PowerPoint templates, e-newsletters, white papers, signage, video and specialized print and digital products.
The position requires a keen understanding of how to communicate through design and the ability to organize, collaborate and execute efficiently in a fast-paced environment. You must have a willingness to work closely and collaborate with all areas of the business. Your knowledge of digital (UX, UI, Illustration and Motion) and print production processes is also critical.
This is a remote position and is open to candidates based in the United States. We also have an office in Rutherford, New Jersey for those who favor to be in an office a few days a week.
What You’ll Do:
- Create designs for all marketing – web, email, social and print, including onsite event signage and graphics – across all Northstar Meetings Group U.S. brands and businesses
- Work with the sales, events, content teams and other business owners on project requirements, timelines, mockups and functional designs
- Bring fresh design concepts to the table for collaboration with all teams
- Develop HTML, InDesign, PowerPoint and other types of design templates that are simple for sales, content and event colleagues to utilize for promotion purposes
- Manage project calendar shared across the group to assure deliverables, timelines, deadlines, etc.
- Schedule and deliver materials to digital, print and event production managers in a timely and accurate fashion
- Perform other duties as requested by the team to meet company goals
- Create an image library for online content for the purposes of enhancing editorial and marketing initiatives
- Create or redesign branding essentials such as logos, website banners and other multimedia materials and e-newsletters
Who You Are:
- 3+ Years working in media, marketing and/or advertising
- 3+ Years of digital media experience, working with editorial and/or marketing content for web and other communications vehicles (e-newsletters, social media, etc.)
- BS/BA degree in graphic design, marketing or a related field
- Thoroughly understand trends within social, web, email and print design communities, and specifically, stay current on trends impacting CSS, XML, HTML, platform/browser specifications and graphic design tools
- Fluent with relevant software applications, such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, MS Office, etc., and all online production techniques
- Ability to follow existing style guidelines and contribute to the creation of new branding campaigns
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be motivated by deadlines
To Join Our Team:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Northstar Travel Group is a great place to work, learn and grow. We seek impressive individuals to contribute fresh ideas and strengthen our team in all departments and specialties. We welcome creativity, dedication, drive and passion and offer a fast-paced and fun environment, opportunity and work/life balance. You can view our Career's page here: https://www.northstartravelgroup.com/About-Us/Career
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Northstar, we believe that our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the cultures and communities that are experienced through travel. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our team, and we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive, accessible and equitable culture and workplace. Our work is far from over – we continuously push to be better. We understand that diverse voices, points of view and contributions are at the heart of Northstar’s success and impact.
Our Response to Covid-19:
All Northstar new hires, as well as existing employees who attend events and/or come into contact with other employees, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and demonstrate documentation toward the same.