Cal Ripken World Series Broadcast Production Assistant
The Cal Ripken Major/70 World Series, to be held at Ballparks of America in Branson, Missouri, is the culmination tournament of Babe Ruth League’s Cal Ripken Baseball Major/70 Division. Teams from eight United States regions and ten countries, face off to compete for the Cal Ripken World Series title. The Cal Ripken World Series will take place from August 3 – 12, 2023.
World Series Broadcast Production Assistants will be assigned to document teams and events prior to and during the 2023 Cal Ripken World Series tournament. Beginning in July, the World Series Production Internship guarantees at least 100 hours of skilled volunteer experience, as it requires Broadcast Production Assistants to become fully entrenched in their tournaments to capture behind-the-scenes moments of the players, coaches, team’s travel, tournament journey, etc.
During the Cal Ripken World Series, Broadcast Production Assistants will be provided with the following:
- Identifiable Clothing
- Access to all areas of the Venue
- Supervision by Professional Staff
- Housing and Meals in Dorms on Complex
- Travel Stipend
- College Credit/Community Service Hours Optional
- Work closely with the World Series Director in fulfillment, planning, and event coordination of the Cal Ripken World Series, a 10-day event at Ballparks of America in Branson, Missouri.
- Work closely with the production team for television broadcasts through STADIUM, Official Broadcast Partner of Babe Ruth League and Home of the Cal Ripken World Series.
- Track multiple baseball games simultaneously, via broadcast or in person.
- Request specific clips based on game action from broadcast partners.
- Upload/download video files from Cloud storage platforms, such as Dropbox.
- Upload, tag and publish clips on the Cal Ripken World Series’ video page.
- Spot-check video for functionality and performance.
- Perform other video, digital media, or communications duties as needed.
- Shoot and/or edit content for Cal Ripken World Series digital platforms, videoboard and broadcast.
- Mix displays for in-game visuals for videoboard/scoreboard.
- Provide pre-, post-, and on-site production assistance.
- Organize, archive and update dated media to modern forms of technology internal customer service.
- Other production based responsibilities, as needed.
- Must be a current undergraduate student or graduate student with relevant experience and/or education in the areas of Film/Video, Broadcast Journalism, Media Production and other related fields.
- Must have own transportation to and from Ballparks of America in Branson, Missouri for the duration of the event.
- Availability to work long hours, including evenings and weekends for the duration of the tournament.
- Basic knowledge of video and content management systems for digital platforms.
- Familiarity with baseball and softball – basic rules and game play, game situations, noteworthy happenings, etc.
- The ability to monitor multiple game simultaneously to recognize basic trends, notable accomplishments, interesting and unique occurrences, and more.
- Ability to learn quickly with a high degree of comfort around computer systems, simple troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of DSLR camera for video, microphones, and handheld audio recording devices.
- Basic knowledge of shot composition, lighting, and exposure.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro CC, knowledge of Adobe After Effects and/or Photoshop are a plus.
- Interest in foreign languages/willingness to facilitate translation. Korean, Spanish, or Japanese
- Knowledge of Branson, Missouri, area businesses and neighborhoods
- Ability to work until August 21, 2023, to wrap up post-event duties.
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
You may be required to lift or move weight of 25-50 lbs., may be exposed to dust/dirt at the stadium, and will regularly climb stairs to the press box.