Shipboard Operations Analyst (Remote)
Analyst is responsible for researching, collecting, and analyzing raw data from various sources and converting into dashboards and datasets. Time is spent in identifying patterns and trends so that actionable plans/strategies can be implemented. The position sits within the Integrated Planning team, which is responsible for managing key strategic priorities and date for Carnival Cruise Line leadership. The role focuses on operations functions including security, marine, shipboard hotel performance, and more. This role will be responsible for creating and managing dashboards, providing regular reporting, using analytical tools to do so. Analyst will report to the Manager of Business Planning.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing raw data from multiple sources and converting to datasets and dashboards critical to senior leadership.
- Reporting on patterns and trends from actionable data in existing and newly created reports. Understanding trends in dashboards and reporting on them.
- Providing input in implementing actionable plans and strategies for both short- and long-term priorities.
- Creating project plans and project updates for key long-term projects.
- Collaborating with analysts on other teams to familiarize with data and create synthesized reports.
- Minimum Education/Major: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other analytical degree
- Required Years and Area of Professional Experience: 3-5 years of experience in collection of data analytics, building data sets and data visualizations. Internships and relevant education in lieu of full-time work experience is acceptable. Strong analytical skills. Knowledge in process improvement. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to think critically and strategically. Ability to manage or build big and sometimes ambiguous data sets. Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Critical Professional Related Technical/Computer Skills: Strong analytical skills. Knowledge in process improvement. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to think critically and strategically. Ability to manage or build big and sometimes ambiguous data sets. Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Preferred Experience and Type: 3-5 years of professional experience in data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SQL, and Tableau/PowerBI.
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
To view a copy of Carnival's FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters please visit: (click or copy and paste link into your browser)