Jackson Health Foundation seeks a highly motivated individual with an interest in writing/editing for an editorial internship that will support our Marketing/Public Relations endeavors. As we expand our website, this position will be mainly responsible for writing articles/blog posts for JacksonHealthFoundation.org including donor profiles, event recaps, etc. Responsibilities primarily include copy editing and fact checking on website posts; preparation of social media updates; copy editing and preparing quarterly electronic newsletter; copy editing and preparing publicity materials; carrying out light administrative tasks such as updating our marketing inventory and filing.
You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts within the non-profit sector. There will also be opportunities to assist with our social media marketing efforts, writing and scheduling posts.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Strong Internet research skills.
• Familiarity with using style guides, preferably Associated Press style.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively on a team.
• Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat desired, but not required.
Hours: Approximately 6-8 hours per week, ideally spread out over two days per week.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship that could be used for college credits.