Lead Audio, Video & Lighting Technician
Lead Audio, Video & Lighting Technician, Richmond, VA
Hit Play, a full service events agency based in Richmond, VA, is hiring the position of Lead Audio, Video & Lighting (AVL) Technician.
The Lead AVL Technician role will involve basic setup and operations of small to large-scale audio, video and lighting systems in a corporate, hospitality, house-of-worship and/or entertainment environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. The position will report to the Production Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five year(s) experience operating Audio, Video and Lighting systems is required.
- Hospitality experience is required.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certificate preferred, but not required.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for team members that may
- operate company vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Work with production team on venue designs and event specifications.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in creating an organized warehouse.
- Maintain equipment
- Clean equipment
- Ensure all items are returned and stored in proper cases • Track equipment that is out for repairs
- Prepare equipment for upcoming events
- Load trucks
- Test/prepare new systems prior to events • Study new products and their operation
- Accurate and timely set up
- System tuning and operation of equipment
- Train client on operation if it is a drop off event • Troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Timely breakdown of equipment
- Proper packing of equipment
- Insuring nothing is left behind
- Excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external clients.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meet with client on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitor event and check in on clients throughout the events' duration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of live events, including audio, video, and lighting systems and how these relate to achieving a set objective for our clients and their guests.
- Must be able to problem solve, troubleshoot and provide solutions for client’s needs under high-pressure circumstances.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in PC and Apple computer operating systems including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-disciplined with good organizational skills.
- Work cooperatively with other team members.
- Candidate should be able to work a flexible schedule and manage their own time. Monthly check-ins will be required with their manager.
Team members will be in contact with high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may work in multiple locations including medical facilities where procedures will be viewable on preview monitors. Working times include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.