Spring Intern, Music Programming Operations - Part-Time
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
SiriusXM is looking for interns with a love for radio, a passion for all musical genres and some production experience! Interns will work directly with music programmers and producers to learn the ins and outs of how our music channels and live shows are created.
What you’ll do:
- Edit and ingest audio for on air programming including, interviews, guest DJs and performances.
- Assist with maintenance of music database through scheduling (Music Master) and metadata (Galaxy) software.
- Assist with building specialty programming in automation system.
- Load promos and specialty imaging.
- Compile playlists for mix shows to be reported to music labels.
- Perform show preparation for on-air talent (concert dates, news, etc).
- Interact with listeners through e-mail and on-air phone screening.
- Shadow artist studio sessions; including in studio performances and interviews and/or zoom sessions.
- Participate in on-air content.
- May assist with music archiving.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship as well as broadcasting schools with one-year programs that provide certificates of completion.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications majors preferred.
- Prior internship or working experience in radio/TV preferred.
- Experience with digital media systems, a plus.
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Familiar with SiriusXM programming.
- Knowledge of various music styles and genres.
- Multilingual abilities are a plus.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software, a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be $15-16.10/hr and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.