Spring Intern, Podcast Production - 99% Invisible - Part-Time
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
Stitcher, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the best place to listen to, produce and monetize podcasts. The Stitcher app is one of the world's most popular podcast listening platforms, with a growing network of original content and a premium subscription service. Stitcher is home to Stitcher Originals, top-ranked comedy podcast network Earwolf, and award-winning documentary network Witness Docs, where it produces original content for talent such as Seth Rogen, LeVar Burton, Bill Nye, Office Ladies, and many more. We also provide ad sales and distribution services to 300+ shows such as WTF with Marc Maron, Crime Junkie, Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations and many more.
How you’ll make an impact:
Stitcher is seeking an intern interested in making and editing podcast episodes. This person will be part of the 99% Invisible team, responsible for engaging reporting and joyful storytelling about design and the built world.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and contribute to operations for 99pi’s upcoming weekly episodes.
- Help production teams by researching sources, sending booking requests, preparing background research for hosts, looking for archival materials, cutting tape, etc.
- Assist with the team in supplemental materials for the website and posting to social media.
- Participate in team meetings and creative collaboration.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship as well as broadcasting schools with one-year programs that provide certificates of completion.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Prior internship or working experience in podcasting/audio preferred.
- Experience with digital media systems a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of document creation/management using Google Suite (docs, sheets, google drive, and calendar).
- Experience with audio editing software (ProTools, Hindenburg, Adobe Audition, etc) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to embrace and learn internal project management tools and systems.
- Familiarity with 99% Invisible and Stitcher programming and a passion for podcasts -bonus points if you’re already making your own!
- Commitment to excellent storytelling and thoughtfulness about what makes a good story
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude. Stitcher and 99pi make a wide range of podcasts. We need you to be up for anything and able to adapt to the needs of different producers.
- Excellent communication and time management skills. Especially in a remote environment, it’s crucial that you’re able to work independently, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with your supervisor.
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to the highest journalistic standards and ethics.
- Well-organized, energetic, independent and responsive to feedback.
- Strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.