Spring Intern, Product Management, Automotive - Part-Time
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
We’re looking for an aspiring leader to join the Automotive Product Management team. This role will assist in the management of a variety of projects related to our automotive entertainment platform, 360L. This role will have broad exposure leading cross functional teams across the organization and will help shape the future of SiriusXM’s 360L offering.
The Intern, Automotive Product Management role will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering, defining and prioritizing product and automotive OEM customer requirements. The applicant will collaborate closely with the SiriusXM User Experience Design team, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Programming, Customer Care, OEM Accounts, IT, Legal, and other corporate stakeholders to clearly communicate and document the features, requirements, and product status for assigned OEM in-vehicle audio applications.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the product definition and management of automotive products.
- Work with SXM product managers to define and document new automotive audio service feature requirements.
- Make real-time decisions for assigned programs as the subject matter expert for product features and functionality.
- Coordination across engineering, UX, and connected vehicle teams to drive rich new functionality in-vehicle.
- Management of the software update process to update firmware and other software in-vehicle across IT, Operations, and Engineering.
- Product lead for emerging technologies in the vehicle and identifying how SiriusXM can leverage them to better integrate and improve functionality.
- Tight coordination across Product Managers and the UX team to ensure the UX supports needed functionality for new services/features.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Knowledge of Jira and Agile/Scrum software development methodologies desirable
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Agile tools experience – Atlassian suite experience (Jira, Confluence) desirable
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.