Digital Experience Intern - REMOTE
The Watts Water Technologies family of brands designs and manufactures valves, drains, and related products and solutions that promote the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation, and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal applications. Everything we design is made to keep the Earth’s most precious resource safer, cleaner, and more useful for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
The Watts Internship Program is strategically designed to provide you with the opportunity to utilize what you have learned in the classroom while gaining a true understanding of the business world by applying those key principles through hands-on experience. During the internship, students will gain exposure to and impact operations. There will be many chances to network with like-minded professionals in manufacturing, industrial engineering, and beyond to stimulate your mind through cross-departmental collaboration.
What’s In It for You
People-First Culture – Enriching and caring for people is at the core of who we are; this includes executing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy, and providing you with meaningful career growth opportunities, a positive and safe work environment, and affirmation that you are heard, valued, and respected.
Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy – Work-life balance is important at Watts and our interns receive one (1) hour of flexible PTO for every thirty (30) hours worked. Your flexible PTO can be utilized for any type of absence.
Paid Holidays – Celebrate the holidays with your loved ones and still get paid! You will receive the following paid holidays off during your time as an Intern with Watts. Where a holiday falls during the weekend, it will be observed on an adjacent weekday.
Lunch and Learns – Throughout your internship, there will be opportunities for you to sign up to learn and network with some of the key strategic leaders and thought partners within our core operating model!
Sustainability – For three years in a row, Watts has been named one of "America's Most Responsible Companies" by Newsweek. Join our journey as we continue to distinguish Watts as a responsible and committed corporate citizen.
What You’ll Do
Watts is seeking a Digital Experience Intern to assist with providing technology and data support for the Digital Experience team. You will have exposure to the following components during your internship:
- Analysis of Existing Product Information
- Review, analyze, and suggest Action Items from internal and external stakeholder feedback
- Product content and functionality improvements on our North American mobile applications and websites
- Assist with analyzing, collecting, and reporting application analytics to promote customer experience and loyalty
The internship will be approximately 13 weeks, and during your time with Watts, you will focus on the following:
- Leveraging Data & Technology – Assist with technology and data support to provide superior customer experience across Watts’ IoT mobile apps and websites
- Customer Retention Metrics – Identify metrics needed to understand feature adoption, problem areas, customer retention and drop-off rates
- Application Research & Analytics – Research application analytics and insight tools to accurately identify metrics
- Conduct Industry Analysis – Conduct analysis of product data on our mobile app and websites and suggest improvements
- Data Transformation – Assist with data collection and data transformation to improve the IoT remote experience
- User-Journey Analysis – Assist with analyzing, reporting, and finding user journey patterns to identify satisfied customers
- Third Party Vendor Management – Manage third-party vendors engaged in content development as needed
- IOT Market Size, Share & Trends – Research current IoT remote experience industry market trends
- Current student (sophomore, junior or senior status) actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, or related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and do not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience in marketing, content development, with passion for data
- Experience with search engine optimization concepts and strategies
- Working experience with web content management systems, basic HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and working with formulas and vlookups
- Very detailed oriented with strong troubleshooting skills
- Work in an office or manufacturing environment
While performing the duties, the employee will be working in an office environment with exposure to the plant floor as well as the Engineering Test Facility. The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to handle objects and other tools. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Employee may be required to lift, push, and/or pull up to 20 pounds.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.