[CHINA]2023 New Grad Full-Stack Software Engineer
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a recent valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
At Flexport you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. Our platform provides a revolutionary new experience internally as well as for external clients to track their business risk and resolve them efficiently.
Because China has been playing an extremely important role in the industry, Flexport has been investing a lot in both business and technology domains locally. The China Tech Teams are working on mission critical projects to revolutionize global trade logistics and supply chain solutions. We are seeking to hire new grads in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing offices.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin and Node.js. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres, Mongodb and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
- Be part of the technology engineering team to build new front-end for our clients and backend services enabling some of our core features.
- Work closely with product managers and design to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build and launch products rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
You should have:
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Engineering field with an expected graduation date between December 2022 thru July 2023
- An aptitude for learning quickly.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- A love of simple, maintainable, scalable, well-tested code that is hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers and engineers alike.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward. We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success. And, we also have a Technology Academy to introduce our tech organization, tech stack, product strategy and way of working for new technologists.