**Candidates are highly encouraged to officially apply through the company's application system at:
About the Comptroller's Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller's Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas' accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
Click here to see an inside look at the Texas Comptroller's office and click here to see a video from the division!
We are looking for a professional UX Designer who is passionate about design and enjoys working collaboratively with a team to develop a product through all stages – from an idea to product launch. Working closely with business stakeholders, you’ll talk with them frequently to understand the problems they face and what they want from a particular product or service, then devise a UX strategy that aligns with the business goals. Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually represent the user journey and iterate on designs until you reach the customer’s goals. Work closely with developers to finalize the overall look and feel and provide the designs and elements they need to do their job. You’ll work with a variety of teams and customers, always iterating on your designs for continuous improvement and the ongoing satisfaction of the customer. If you like a fast-paced environment, with a challenging, yet rewarding experience, then CPA UX Designer might be the right fit for you.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holidays. Application support activities periodically require on-call responsibilities or work during non-standard hours. Hours may change based on business needs.
Teleworking may be considered if certain working conditions are met. The candidate must have permanent residency within the state of Texas and must be able to meet in office requirements, which can vary among different sections (i.e. report to office 1 day/month, 1day/week, etc.). Travel reimbursements are not provided for teleworking.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 4 years of experience in User Experience (UX) design
• 2 years of experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups using design tools such as UXPin, Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in a UX Design related program.
• Working knowledge of CSS, HTML
• Familiar with human behavior and interactions on the Web, as well as how to optimize websites and web applications for those interactions
• Strong portfolio of design projects
• Working as a member of an agile development team
1 additional year of the full-time minimum experience as stated above may substitute for each year (30 semester hours) of the required education with a maximum of 120 semester hours (4 years).
In this role you will:
• Analyze end-to-end user experiences through brainstorming, conceptual models, use cases and scenarios, personas, storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, prototypes, style guides and specification documents to communicate design ideas and collect user feedback to iterate towards a final design. Communicate with developers and provide all necessary assets and design specifications to deliver production-quality systems that meet user and business needs. Gather information and insights from user research, usability testing, UX benchmark examples, and apply user-centered design principles to identify design needs, craft design solutions, and help the team deliver high-quality products.
• Collaborate with business teams, Product Owners, quality assurance, and other technical staff as business and technical requirements are discovered, refined, and implemented across multiple end-user personas to design the best user-centric experience that meets human, business, and technical needs. Use knowledge of modern accessibility standards and usability heuristics to identify design gaps and make recommendations to correct them. Participate as a member of an agile development team in building a product backlog reflective of customer’s needs and supportive of a rich, interactive user experience.
• Work with leadership and other technical staff to drive exceptional customer experience through the formulation and oversight of our application modernization User Experience Design strategy and program. As the subject matter expert (SME) on UX Design, provide presentations showcasing visual designs and be able to explain concepts such as end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs in simple terms to a wide audience of stakeholders at various levels within the organization.
• Define criteria, develop systems for measuring, and monitor the success of designed user experiences, effectiveness of features and content, and drive continuous improvement in design strategy and user experience.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The Comptroller's Office is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.