PhD Data Visualization Intern (Remote or Chicago)
Data Visualization Intern
Epsilon is seeking a Data Visualization Intern! As a Visual Analytics Intern, you will be at the leading edge for creating innovative visualization systems that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s digital marketing platform directly to our internal analysts, customers and stakeholders. Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of detailed profiles across hundreds of millions of websites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles billions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data. You will be a key team member creating effective visualization tools that use the data to answer those questions in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
• Develop a basic understanding of digital marketing and Epsilon’s personalization platform
• Use your visualization expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology and business problems
• Implement and validate your solution
• Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Epsilon’s production systems
• Document and present your approach
Qualifications: (the ideal candidate will have some combination of skills and experience from the list below)
• Required: PhD level candidates, with significant course, research and/or commercial experience in data visualization and/or visual analytics
• Solid foundational understanding and experience with data visualization principles and tools
• Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative team with shared and overlapping responsibilities
• Practical real-world UX/UI experience
• Experience with data science, clustering and machine learning
• Experienced with one of D3.js, WebGL, or Three.js. As an alternative, Expert level Tableau skills with a portfolio of advanced charting will be considered
• Experience with statistics and big data analytics techniques
• Experience with Node.js and/or React
• Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Elastic Search, NoSQL, SQL)
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon products and services have been recognized as industry-leading by the Forrester Wave™. We process more than 500 billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. And our CORE ID® is the industry’s most accurate, stable and scalable identity solution that helps brands recognize and reach 200M+ U.S. consumers in a privacy-safe way. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.