Associate Manager, Virtual Events
Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Associate Manager, Virtual Events to join the Events team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
You will be accountable for the management and execution of virtual and webcasting events and be expected to have a strong knowledge of our markets and our partners at all times. You will be accountable for and manage the entire event from conception to execution and report to the Virtual Events Manager. You will need virtual event production experience as well as a proven track record building and maintaining relationships with clients and internal teams. Experience working across multiple event software platforms is necessary. Because of your existing knowledge and experience you should have the ability to recommend fresh innovative ideas and solutions to current/upcoming projects and be at the center of this growing business.
- Project-manage editorial and client-lead virtual events/webcasts to ensure best in class execution and excellent service to sponsors and attendees
- Conceptualize and execute virtual events/webcasts managing timelines, deliverables, budgets, SOP documents, registration reports, contracts, RFPs, vendors and spearhead internal communications with cross-functional teams
- Deliver excellent client service and execution of virtual programs for our partners, fostering strong relationships for future engagements
- Coordinate and work closely with internal and external partners on program/event deliverables and program outcomes, exhibiting a meticulous eye for detail, an ability to manage to deadlines, and flawless execution
- Manage communications with presenters and hosts to ensure they have the correct equipment (mic, camera) and test internet connectivity, and liaise with management to procure equipment as needed
- Schedule and execute rehearsals in advance of live events to ensure all parties are prepared for success
- Offer assistance and guidance with any attendee connection issues, as well as basic technical support during an event
- Researches and connects with external networks to stay on top of trends and new tools in the virtual event space, bringing those key learnings and recommendations back to Senior Leadership
- Develop strong relationships across teams including editorial, sales, marketing, events, custom, and technology
- Demonstrate sound business acumen and ability to identify opportunities and risks
- Be an expert on the platforms we use to deliver our virtual events and webcasts; understand the platforms’ functionality, opportunities, limitations, and risks in order to deliver and produce virtual events on time and to spec
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of managing or supporting virtual events/webcasts and relevant experience in using web-based meeting platforms and conducting effective virtual events/webcasts in various formats including live broadcasts/webcams
- Project management experience
- Meticulously organized, detail-orientated, analytical and tenacious with follow up
- Strong written and verbal communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in the performance of responsibilities and the ability to multitask
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions
- A team player who works well with internal teams, clients and vendors
- Passionate about events and excited about collaborating with internal stakeholders to produce stand-out experiences for our clients and audiences
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, skill level, functional and/or industry knowledge, education level, certifications, as well as other qualifications.
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
- Work from anywhere benefit, to ensure work life balance
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.
Beware of fraudulent activity where individuals are contacting job seekers claiming to represent Haymarket Media. Please note that only emails from @haymarketmedia.com are legitimate.
When applying for roles with Haymarket Media, you will receive an email directly from a member of the Talent Acquisition team or communication through LinkedIn.
You can view our open positions on our website US careers section: www.Haymarket.com