Control Systems Engineer
PACCAR Embedded Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization that is transforming the way control systems and software are developed for commercial vehicle applications. This includes developing the latest vehicle controls, display technology, and autonomous truck solutions that exceed customer expectations. In this position, you will collaborate with an international, cross-functional team focused on driving superior technical solutions that maximize customer uptime and operating efficiency. Successful applicants will demonstrate individual creativity in addressing challenges and opportunities while working within a supportive team to develop industry-leading solutions for the medium- and heavy-duty truck industry.
This position is located at the PACCAR Technical Center, which is in Skagit Valley, about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop control system architecture, technical requirements and component design specifications for PACCAR powertrain, vehicle, and autonomous control systems.
- Analyze, interpret, and provide feedback on control system architecture, requirements, designs, and verification / validation tests for conformance to product and customer requirements.
- Gather data and analyze control system performance utilizing test equipment and other standard EE lab equipment for verification and validation of embedded software products.
- Perform troubleshooting and first-line diagnosis of issues, detailed analysis, root-cause investigation, problem resolution and defect reporting.
- Interact with team members, field technicians, suppliers and other personnel within the company and provide on-site & off-site control system support.
- Work to develop professional relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- Candidate will be independent, motivated, demonstrate excellent analytical and written communication skills, and exercise sound engineering judgment.
- Knowledge of powertrain and vehicle management and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of control systems, software development and architecture on autonomous trucks or passenger vehicles
- Proficiency using Java /C++/ Embedded Linux / Python and Kanzi UX/UI experience desirable
- Proficiency using MATLAB/Simulink and Rational Rhapsody experience desirable
- Proficiency with revision control software: GIT/ Subversion (SVN)
- Proficiency with requirement management toolchains: IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation
- Proficiency of automotive communication protocols, including: J1939, CAN, KWP-2000, UDS is desired.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with strong organizational skills.
- Proven success managing workload; and willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time, priority, and project demands.
- Ability to travel up to 15% including international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline required.
- Advanced degree or P.E. desired.