Medical Assistant - Residential Summer Camp
Gain valuable hands-on medical experience, supporting, and supported by RNs in a camp setting!
Medical Assistants are responsible for supporting the licensed medical staff with first aid, medical paperwork, medication administration, and the general guardianship of the health care center throughout the summer. Below are the responsibilities and expectations associated with each area:
· First Aid
- Provide first aid under the supervision of a registered RN to campers and staff members.
- Transport and advocate for campers needing offsite medical care.
· Medical Paperwork
- Organize and review camper and staff medical forms and supplies.
- Address health issues and help establish necessary accommodations to meet campers needs while at Sandy Hill.
- Log camper and staff visits to the health care center and off-site doctor appointments.
· Medication Administration
- Organize and administer camper medications as a certified medical technician
· Guardianship of the Health Care Center
- Assist as an “on-call” attendant to camper first aid and medical needs throughout the summer.
All medical assistants would be responsible for attending training in early June to receive First Aid, CPR and Medical Technician certifications. They would also participate in a week of staff training, followed by eight weeks of camp. The commitment is typically 10-11 weeks from early June-mid August.
Our previous Medical Assistants have said:
"Being a MA gave me confidence to be a better nurse. It made me more responsible, improved time management, and I learned how to stay calm when things are going fast. All of needed skills when pursuing nursing."
Our Medical Assistant Alumni include graduates from Lehigh University, Boston University, James Madison University, University of Pennsylvania, Houghton College, Grove City College, Bloomsburg University, University of Delaware, Allegheny College, DeSales University, The Ohio State University and more!
Questions about COVID-19? Learn more about proposed adjustments here - https://www.sandyhill.com/covid-staff
Check out the staff section of our website for details including dates, training, pay, and the online application. You may also want to look at our YouTube channel and Instagram.
The selection process is quite competitive, so don't wait to apply if you are interested - all applications are online. Hiring decisions are made on a rolling basis.
If you have any additional questions after reading through the website, please contact Eric, our Staff Director:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- txt 410-216-0286
- call the office at (410) 287-5554
INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE - See https://www.sandyhillcamp.com/staff_internship.htm for more information.
Top 7 reasons to work at camp!
- Make a difference in someone else’s life - do something that matters!
- Have significant responsibilities and learn real-world leadership, life, and team skills
- Make lifelong friends and future job connections with staff from across the country and around the world
- Earn a good salary ($4,000+) and actually keep most of it!
- Gain hands-on medical experience
- Learn how to work with kids
- Have a lot of fun and new experiences