Reliability Intern 2200000L80
Position: Reliability Intern
Duration: 10 Weeks
Date: Jun - August 2023
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
Students in this position for Summer 2022 (June-August) will work as part of a product R&D engineering team located in the Dallas area that is responsible for new product design of next generation wireless infrastructure hardware for Small Cell and 5G cellular products.
Currently a candidate pursuing a B.S - M.S degree in Telecommunications, Electrical, or Engineering related field from an accredited college/university in the US. Must be enrolled as a full-time student for Fall 2022 and have an overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Work with engineers on new product design, debugging prototypes, and troubleshooting customer field issues.
- Specific work will include:
- Writing test scripts and test monitoring SW to be used during reliability testing.
- Creating test setups to control and monitor radios under test.
- Baseline testing radios at pre-defined intervals and when HW failures occur.
- Logging and interpreting test results for reporting purposes
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Career interest and Undergraduate or Graduate course work related to Wireless Communications Systems or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with python, or similar for testing, data acquisition, and analysis
- Experience with or comfortable learning to use test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, and power meters.
- Familiarity with creating content in Microsoft Office apps including Word and Excel.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Previous work/lab experience
- Experience working in teams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of RF testing.
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
As a federal contractor & pursuant to Presidential Exec. Order 14042, Nokia mandates for all employees a COVID-19 vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Summer 2023
“The intern program at Nokia is truly designed to give students all the support and guidance we need to excel in our professional careers. Working at Nokia as a software developer Co-op, I was able to learn and grow with the guidance of mentors from across the company through a multitude of research, development, and leadership opportunities. It was exciting to be able to contribute to real-world projects and apply my previous experiences to new domains, especially since the Nokia work culture encourages innovation and creativity. I’ve made lifelong connections and skills through my time here, and I’m so grateful to have been a part of the Nokia team!” – Mara Hubelbank, Former Nokia Co-op student, Spring - Summer 2023
Follow and engage with us on social media:
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.