Trade Support Representative
We are currently seeking a Trade Support Representative! The representative will support efforts related to Travel Agents and potential accounts to drive sales & marketing engagement and development opportunities. The representative will work to support Travel Agents and Charters, Meetings & Incentives existing and potential accounts in 1:1 contact through phone calls, emails and Facebook comments/posts. They will also be responsible for developing ongoing best practices and optimizing tools to support the broader Sales & Trade Marketing teams in response to Travel Agent engagement needs.
- Services incoming calls from external (Travel Agents, existing and future accounts) and internal (Sales and Trade Marketing teams, other CCL areas) stakeholders in a timely manner with accuracy and professionalism.
- Handles designated emails with the appropriate tone and in accordance with outlined service levels (e.g. similar topics/requestor to phone calls). Supports comments/inquiries on team’s social media page Facebook.com/CarnivalTrade.
- Creates edits, merges, closes and maintains agency profiles in various system platforms in accordance with Sales & Trade Marketing policies.
- Properly maintains accurate and detailed agency database for Sales Teams interacting with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
- Identifies key indicators reflecting Travel Agent wants to opt into working with a designated Sales Representative ( i.e. booking a group that has potential, unique marketing opportunity); escalates to the Sales Team accordingly.
- Reconciles department invoices and processes payment/supplier requests within the internal Accounts Payable systems in accordance to the Budget Guidelines.
- Handles ad hoc administrative work on projects.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in related type role.
- Technical knowledge to troubleshoot, coordinate and leverage internal IT applications and databases. Also, to maintain and create supporting data (policy/procedure) within Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly and accurately in person, via email and phone; business professionalism.
- Able to multi‐task and work efficiently in a fast‐paced environment.
- Ability to continuously prioritize own workload with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a promoter of teamwork.
- Ability to use a web browser and search the Internet.
- Proven ability to build cross‐functional relationships and collaboration.
- Flexible to adapt to changes and cross‐training of job requirements.
- Strong work ethic.
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
To view a copy of Carnival's FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters please visit: (click or copy and paste link into your browser)