Programmer Internship - Technical Developer Relations (R23615)
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive technology. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games’ Technical Developer Relations team is looking for a Programmer Intern to join them for 2023.
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts strive to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Programmer Intern to help bridge Unreal Engine end users with Epic’s development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and demonstrates excellent communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Provide engineering advice and direction to Unreal Engine end users as they navigate difficult problems
- Debug, review and analyze issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
- Develop knowledge sharing resources including tutorials, technical samples, and presentations regarding engine systems.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in CS or related field with focus in Software Engineering.
- Measurably proficient OOP coding ability, C++ preferred.
- Passion for helping other developers
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
Experience with UE4 or other AAA Game Engines
Experience working ‘under the hood’ on specific game engine systems such as physics, rendering, developer tools, mobile, and/or consoles.
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!