User Research Internship | Activision
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living student to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
- Must be continuing education in Fall of 2023 pursuing a bachelors, masters, or program in game development or a field focusing on human subject research (e.g., psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, anthropology, or similar).
- Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June.
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems.
- Must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
- Must have a passion for video games and familiarity with a variety of genres.
- Nice-to-Haves: well-versed in Activision’s titles, knowledge of game design.
- We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Assist with the execution of user-tests including setup, breakdown, game review, intake/outtake of participants, recording/reporting of the players' experiences, and other research related activities.
- Provide summarized research results for discussion and write-up.
- Maintain lab equipment.
- Analyze survey responses and contribute to research reports.
- Support the User Research staff in studies and other ad-hoc projects.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.