Management Acceleration Program
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do; and we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle for less in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and one of America's Best Employers as named by Forbes to re-imagine the mountain resort experience along with us.
As part of our Management Acceleration Program, you’ll have the opportunity to lead in three management rotations, experiencing multiple resorts and locations. Placements can include the following departments: hospitality operations, food and beverage, retail operations, ski rental operations, and national park operations.
Locations may include any of our iconic resorts including the following: Colorado, Utah, the Lake Tahoe Region, Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, and Pennsylvania.
The Management Acceleration Program (MAP) will have a start date in the summer of 2023.
The MAP program includes:
- Personalized placements in three management roles for approximately four months each that cater to applicants' interests and abilities and business needs
- Cross-divisional exposure across Vail Resorts, leading Mountain Resort & Hospitality Operations
- Executive level mentorship through the program
- Accelerated career opportunities upon completion of the program
- Access to Vail Resorts extensive employee benefits + perks
Job responsibilities will vary by rotation, and may include:
- Team leadership and oversight of entry-level employees: hire, train, lead, and retain quality staff
- Use strong communication skills to build cross departmental relationships with other managers in your division (i.e. housekeeping, maintenance, bell & valet staff, etc.)
- Scheduling, budgeting, and ordering for department
- Provide excellent guest service, responding orally and in writing to guest requests
- Attend appropriate company training courses and other company events
- Maintaining and enforcing the Brand Standards of Guest Service
A qualified candidate should possess:
- Demonstrated high levels of emotional intelligence
- Qualities of leadership: Brave, Ambitious, and Passionate
- An aptitude for leading teams through change
- Demonstrated passion for service excellence
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work long hours in a fast paced resort environments
- Comfortability relocating multiple times in one year. Relocation assistance is offered as part of the compensation package for this role.
The budgeted range starts at $40,000 - $52,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.