Business Process and Data Analyst
Perform research, data analysis, forecasting, data modeling, and generate dynamic content using enterprise, department, and third party data sources. Provide assistance in the management, analysis, and visualization of department data. Develop data-driven processes to assess problems, determine solutions, and deliver equitable and measurable results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze performance data and interpret data trends using a variety of techniques and tools.
- Assist in the development, implementation and improvements of the department's budget and planning processes.
- Work with department directors, managers and analysts to build out goals and mechanisms to analyze and report on those goals.
- Analyze broad issue-based and City-specific data, interpreting trends to help create meaningful insights that drive action.
- Research and identify national best practices, promising developmental ideas, and similar governmental practices around analysis systems.
- Provide consultation to department and division heads in identifying opportunities and develop new strategies to address those opportunities.
- Develop, implement and sustain enterprise and department specific strategies related to the collection, analysis and reporting of City-wide and department level data.
- Collect and analyze data, prepare reports summarizing findings, present logical and objective conclusions, and develop forecasts and data models.
- Create, deliver and improve analytics and systems training and education for City staff, including the design and delivery of training curriculum.
- Develop data visualizations and narratives for internal and public use to be shared on the City's website and other public forums.
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of business processes and programs pertaining to data entry and data quality to develop solutions that improve and enhance processes and over-all business objectives that meet the needs of the operating units.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the department.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Mathematics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics or a related field or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of experience performing duties related to those listed above.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position may be considered.