Marketing Coordinator - hybrid remote - southern California
Marketing Coordinator - hybrid remote - Southern California
Benefits Start Day 1 for Full-Time Colleagues - No Waiting Period!
Are you passionate about digital marketing? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the entire United States from 43 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: structural pest control, landscape construction and maintenance, golf course maintenance and turfgrass maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, forestry and vector control.
What do our Marketing Coordinators do?
The Marketing Coordinator markets the products and services of the company, by developing, implementing, tracking, and reporting on the promotion, advertising, and social media channels utilized by RNA. This entails the tracking of sales/lead data from programs, advertising/promotions, social media, trade shows, and any other outward channel (associations, sponsorships, and campaigns) that are utilized to promote RNA to commercial customers. The role also maintains promotional material updates/refresh; assistance with researching, analyzing, and selecting trade shows; creation and maintaining of reporting databases (trade show, social media, advertising/promotions). The Marketing Coordinator is also responsible for providing monthly reports covering all channels and promotional efforts generated by the commercial team. The role also serves as the point of contact for all internal customer requests for support on collateral, trade shows, and promotional/selling activities associated with selling and promoting RNA products and services. The Marketing Coordinator assists the Segment Marketing Manager on day to day activities, work assignments, campaigns, creative requests, and general tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing marketing programs to promote products/services and to assist in increasing sales; including working with the Marketing Manager to develop, coordinate, and track internal creative/online brief submissions.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales lead data; including, but not limited to total contacts, total leads, and conversion/conversion rates.
- Deliver and coordinate the communications calendar for the category that includes trade shows, social media, newsletter release dates, and other market events/activities.
- Responsible for driven engagement for all social media platform, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Plan trade shows by identifying, assembling review analytics for trade show selection, and coordinating selection meeting; establish the focus for the trade shows, identify/suggest the right sales team members, key trade show activities (speaking engagements, sponsorships, etc.) and actions while at the show; and lead collection planning, follow-up, and measurement (total contacts, leads, conversions, and sales), through systematic and/or manual methods.
- Coordinate trade show success and event plan implementation, including oversight on booking through to invoice management and lead tracking. May attend events as well as required.
- Coordinate with Sales on the collecting assets and necessary content for marketing campaigns.
- Provide month over month and year over year reporting for: trade shows (total leads, conversions, and sales), advertising and promotions (placements, impressions, and applicable conversion data), campaigns (placements, impressions, conversions, and sales), social media (blog/newsletter/Linkedin-impressions, subscriptions, key performance criteria established in personal goals and objectives), and web form performance data.
- Provide reporting generated by the 15th of every month, for previous month activity for trade shows, advertising/promotions, social media (Linkedin.com, blog, and newsletters).
- Work with the digital team to coordinate the update of web pages, social media links and landing pages. Responsible for coordinating social media posts with the online and creative teams.
- Work with the Creative teams to create tickets, graphics, and layout for marketing campaigns.
- Primary point of contact for internal customers initiating work within the department or checking the status of jobs already in progress in support of the category sales plans.
- Hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing logistics, such as pest awareness weeks, social media posts, development, and delivery of newsletters, as well as working with the Product and Innovation teams on monthly pest calendars and product release information.
- Responsible for tracking all invoices and expenses against budget, and reporting regularly to the Marketing Manager and Finance department on fiscal status.
- Responsible for creating and issue marketing invoices pertaining to the Online Marketing Program, National Meeting, and other miscellaneous sales invoices.
- Research, support, and recommendations for trade association engagement, sponsorships, and new channel/segment advertising programs.
- Provide support in tracking and reporting on the return on investment on all category marketing activities.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
What do you need?
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications - required
- 2-3 years of experience in Marketing experience - required
- Passion for digital marketing and social media
- Good project management skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict delivery timelines
- Experience writing against an editorial calendar
- Strong online writing and proofreading skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Well organized with good communication skills
- Writing and work samples will be required
- Travel within Rentokil NA markets if needed (minimal)
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search