Development Specialist, Bike MS
The Specialist, Bike MS supports the implementation and successful execution of fundraising campaigns for the assigned Bike MS portfolio. This position provides support and coaching to individual participants, teams, and top fundraising clubs to ensure fundraising goals are met.
The Specialist acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and their donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service. This position works closely with the development team and volunteer engagement to foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society, and drive revenue and participation.
Responsible for the recruitment, engagement, cultivation, and retention of Top Fundraisers, teams, and individual participants for assigned portfolio of Bike events. (80%)
- Support the implementation and execution of Bike MS operational plan by recruiting, cultivating, and fostering relationships with participants, teams, team captains, top fundraisers, and sponsors.
- Actively participate in committee meetings, recruitment, kick-off and recognition events
- Develop strong networks within the local community, cold call, and grow prospects for potential revenue and volunteer opportunities; increase Bike MS visibility and brand awareness.
- Maintains accurate records/ data to evaluate effectiveness and public awareness of events activities and results.
- Develop and implement events to recognize, reward, and motivate successful volunteers and fundraisers to ensure ongoing commitment and engagement.
- Adhere to the approved Bike MS budget; monitors costs to ensure they are within budget
- Assist in the assessment of prizes for participants, team captains and other recognition activities
- Maintains working knowledge of the Society’s mission and programs to promote fundraising, research, and initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned based on local staff structure and resources
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio (25%)
- Will provide staff support to volunteer committees to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events.
- Strives to increase the number of Society volunteers by recruiting and recognizing talent
- Will engage volunteers by effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Bachelor's Degree; Relevant years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Two years of related work experience in event planning, volunteer management, sales, marketing or fundraising is required.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to accomplish goals and objectives
- Ability to build productive relationships with participants, volunteers, donors, and colleagues
- Energetic, goal-setter with strong drive and initiative
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication
- Ability to motivate others to reach common goals
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Seeks out opportunities for continued professional development
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
Compensation and Benefits Info
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $38,000 - $44,000 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location and consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
During this unprecedented pandemic and the contagious nature of the Delta variant, the Society has a responsibility to ensure that our workplaces are safe for all employees, especially those affected by MS. Accordingly, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) as a condition of employment, unless they meet the requirements for an accommodation or exception, under applicable law.