Prosperity Now (formerly CFED) believes that everyone deserves a chance to prosper. Since 1979, we have helped make it possible for millions of people, especially people of color and those of limited incomes, to achieve financial security, stability and, ultimately, prosperity. We offer a unique combination of scalable practical solutions, in-depth research and proven policy solutions, all aimed at building wealth for those who need it most.
We are looking for a data intern to join our data team. In this role, you will support our data team in conducting in-depth research as well as collating information from various publicly available data sources on topics related to Black wealth.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the Director of Data in various tasks including drafting memos and case studies and pulling information from various publicly available datasets.
- Support the Lead Data Scientist in tasks including data cleaning, data analysis and creating content for the data team.
- Support the Product Team in user research.
- Additional tasks and special projects as needed
- Commitment to the mission of Prosperity Now and racial equity and inclusion as a core organizational value
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree program
- Comfortable working with data, navigating various Census tables to pull demographic and socio-economic information
- Comfortable interacting with data visuals and providing feedback on data accessibility
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a diverse group of staff and partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Exercise high level thinking, excellent judgment and problem solving in the execution of responsibilities
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Bonus: Familiarity with SQL and/or relational databases
This might be the position for you if you:
- Show passion and drive for the work of the organization.
- Are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of your work
- Do your best work on a collaborative team. Your daily actions demonstrate conviction that success requires the varied talents and contributions of many.
- Are generous in intent and deed. You actively demonstrate care for others through helpful actions.
- Are a problem-solver. Must be creative and resourceful in identifying solutions to challenges large and small.
- Value knowledge and technical competence. You are intellectually curious, investing time, energy, and resources into your personal and professional growth.
Hourly Rate: $17
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Prosperity Now does not sponsor applicants for any kind of work visas.
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.