The Policy Associate assists with ACORE policy activities in support of the organization’s mission: accelerating the transition to a renewable energy economy. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in renewable energy and energy policy, experience managing multiple ongoing tasks and projects, be deadline focused, have strong written and oral communication skills, and resolve problems creatively and logically.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. ACORE has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework.
ACORE believes in a healthy work environment and has a COVID Vaccination Policy in place. All employees must be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot to work in our offices.
Key Job Duties
· Assist with organizing policy-related events, webinars, and meetings; manage attendee invitations, and provide logistical support
· Support day-to-day program/project implementation: take notes, track follow-up items, manage deliverables, maintain contact databases, flag issues, and coordinate with partners and internal staff as appropriate
· Provide support in drafting written materials, including white papers, presentations, public comments, briefings, and blogs
· Consolidate content for the ACORE website, social media, annual report, and other external publications in coordination with the communications team
· Conduct legislative and regulatory research; monitor Congressional and agency activity
· Stay abreast of renewable energy trends
· Support other tasks as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree relating to energy, climate change, or public policy
· Understanding of how policy affects renewable energy development; knowledge of congressional and regulatory processes
· Highly organized and strong attention to detail
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Fluency and comfort with applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
· Excellent research and writing skills and the ability to transfer findings into effective written reports and briefs
· Experience working with diverse stakeholders, partners, and other companies
· Collaborative and collegial work style
· Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, fully covered by the employer
· 401(k), with a 5% employer contribution each pay period
· Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Hybrid work schedule
· Generous PTO & Sick Leave Policy
· Parental Leave for all parents to bond when new children enter a family
The annual salary range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
ACORE is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Founded in 2001, the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a 501 (c)(3) national non-profit organization that unites finance, policy and technology to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy. ACORE is the focal point for collaborative advocacy across the renewable energy sector, supported by hundreds of members spanning renewable energy technologies and constituencies, including developers, manufacturers, financial institutions, major corporate renewable energy buyers, grid technology providers, utilities, professional service firms, colleges & universities and allied non-profit groups. ACORE accomplishes much of its work by convening leaders across key constituencies, facilitating partnerships, educating federal and state legislators and agency officials on important policies, publishing research and analysis on pressing issues, and undertaking strategic outreach on the policies and financial structures essential to renewable energy growth. Additional information is available at: www.acore.org.