Sales & Catering Coordinator
This is a hybrid position assisting both the Sales Department and the Catering/Conference Services Department on their various needs.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Sales and Director of Catering, this role will manage their time to assist with all Sales and Catering/Conference Service duties. To coordinate group needs and solving problems is vital in this role. This position serves as the gateway to other Sales Opportunities.
Responsible for assisting in coordination of all Group and Catering related bookings. This position may also be called on to assist in servicing and coordination of groups and events at Mondrian South Beach.
- Admin related sales duties as requested by DOS: managing office supplies, client gifts, filing, running weekly and monthly reports.
- Accounting/Sales related specific tasks as requested by DOS: enter all sales invoices, monthly dues/yearly dues, AV/labor invoices in BirchStreet; Setup/Create Vendors with W9 in Birchstreet.
- Management of the Sales/Catering system (currently IVvy) and coordination of related tasks: creating accounts, merging documents, creating bookings, etc.
- Conduct site inspections when needed.
- Management of visitors and incoming calls; Qualify and assign incoming leads.
- Coordinate Internal meetings: creating bookings for in-house meetings and BEOs.
- Assist in writing Month End Management letter.
- Attend Sales Line ups and other internal meetings as requested, BEO meetings.
- Create Resumes for upcoming groups and Issue “sneak peek” of upcoming events to Valet Company on a weekly basis; site alerts; daily events email; breakfast vouchers.
- Handle Group TurnOvers for Sales and Catering including uploading to IVvy of rooming lists, deposits receipts, executed agreements.
- Handling VIP reservations and amenities and cards.
- Assist with Opera VIP reservations.
- Process commissions for Groups, Expense Reports as needed.
- Manage Inventory Track Sheet.
- Handle GMCVB pickup reports.
- SERTIFI Corporate Admin – this position will be admin for Sertifi for Mondrian South Beach.
- Request Accounting to open Masters for groups.
- Create BEOs for Internal meetings.
- Attend Food and Beverage briefings, resume meetings or Group Pre-Con Meetings as needed.
- Coordinate key projects and initiatives for properties.
- Be available to assist with all guest issues/complaints.
- Assist with menus for all outlets.
- Issuing Daily Event Reports and Group Calendars on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate efforts with outside vendors with these properties as needed.
- Have general knowledge of the entire hotel and all outlets, including menus, concepts and pricing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor Degree preferred in Hospitality Management.
- One to two years of experience in an administrative support role in Sales and/or Catering department within the Hotel Industry.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities.
- Knowledge of Delphi and/or IvVy software.