Senior Operations Associate, COO's Office
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Operations Associate for the Chief Operating Officer's Office (COO) provides executive support to the COO's Office including communications, budgeting, reporting, administrative support and the daily operations of the COO's Office. The Senior Operations Associate for the COO's Office works closely with the Senior Program Officer for the COO's Office on project management and execution of strategic initiatives across Business Operations. This position will serve as a key team member for the COO's Office.
You're an ideal candidate for this position if you have extraordinary written and oral communication skills; great attention to detail and organizational capacity; a love for keeping things moving an don tack; a commitment to learn; and the desire to help drive work that ensures access to trusted, quality information for human rights defenders, journalists, and people around the world. You'll be doing all this with an amazing team of smart, kind, compassionate, curious colleagues who produce exceptional results.
Internews has a hybrid workforce, with staff working remotely and in our Arcata, CA and Washington, DC headquarters offices. This position may be based remotely in the United States, or on-site/partially remote for candidates based in the Washington, DC area. Candidates who would prefer a partial remote or office-based position should feel free to express this preference during the interview process. You must possess independent work authorization that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Support and maintain the daily operations of the COO's Office. The COO's Office is a core team within Business Operations that owns strategic development and cross collaboration between the global teams of: Grants & Contracts; Enterprise Risk & field Operations; Technology Solutions Services; People & Culture; Strategic Planning and Budgeting; and Finance and Accounting.
- Own first draft material development for both internal and external audiences. This includes communication materials (presentations, quarterly newsletters, staff memos and policy guidelines) as well as supporting reporting drafting, survey creation, research, and data entry and analysis.
- Help implement our identified Business Operations Strategic Priorities by promoting team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Lead in brainstorming and implementing team-building projects for a global staff.
- Provide necessary administrative support to the COO including scheduling meetings and managing the COO's schedule and travel logistics, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Provide necessary business support to the COO's Office including communicating with outside vendors, drafting contractual agreements and processing payments.
- When needed for surge support, work closely with the Director of Corporate Integration to support our Integration Team, working with our global staff to discover new resources, share skills and solve problems.
- Coordinate cross-functional special projects as assigned.
- In all duties, demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years relevant office or industry experience
- Experience supporting and working across teams and working with all levels of management
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Advanced-level Microsoft Office skills (particularly with MS Teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments and projects
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and collaborate across teams.