Registered Nurse NEW GRADS WELCOME
Bloomington Regional Rehabilitation Hospital in Bloomington, IN - a NEW 40 bed rehabilitation hospital - is seeking an experienced Full Time Night Shift Registered Nurses to join our team!
Bloomington Regional Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing new construction inpatient rehab hospital located at 3050 N. Lintel Drive, Bloomington, IN 47404. The facility is approximately 47,000 square foot one-story building that will have 40 private rooms, a large therapy gym with high tech equipment and an outside ambulatory courtyard, on-site dialysis, pharmacy and radiology. This site is affiliated with IU Health – Bloomington. At our hospital, we treat a wide variety of patients such as those recovering from a Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple Trauma, Amputation, Neurological conditions, orthopedics and medically complex patients.
Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality and efficient patient care according to established standards. This includes: accurately completing admission and other assessments, and collecting, analyzing, and prioritizing assessment data and other relevant patient information in order to facilitate proper patient care. Contributes to the appropriate development, maintenance, and update of individualized patient plan of care. Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients' conditions. Implements identified plan of care in accordance with current professional standards and practices and in accordance with patient needs. Ensures patient care interventions and activities are directed for the resolution of identified patient needs. Identifies patient and family learning needs. Teaches patient and families using effective teaching methods and documents accordingly. Appropriately designates applicable charges to individual patient using the hospital’s established system. Based on needs assessment, coordinates and delegates care and treatments with the interdisciplinary team. Provides timely and adequate supervision to LPNs/LVNs and PCTs. Provides timely assistance with urgent and emergency situations, i.e., Code Blue and Rapid Response. Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assess the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards. Helps identify problems and potential risks and contributes to corrective action plans. Notifies proper personnel of real or potential problems with patient issues and quality and/or appropriateness of care. Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- Successful completion of accredited Registered Nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- One (1) year recent experience preferred. Acute care setting preferred.
- ACLS certification preferred in LTACH and Texas hospitals.
- Knowledge of and adherence to current nursing theory and practice, infection control, and wound care standards of practice.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards to ensure adherence to all standards set forth by state and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures, and utilizes proper policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for patients.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
Per Federal Health Care Worker Vaccine Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption. Anyone hired by the company must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before they can begin employment or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption. Unvaccinated employees on an approved exemption must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a respirator at all times while in the facility. Some states and locations require increased frequency testing pursuant to state regulations.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion! Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
If selected, our interview process includes phone interviews, in person interviews, and several vetting tools.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.