ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Deadline: This posting is open until the position is filled.
Salary: This position is an exempt position, with a full benefits package. Compensation starts at $2,088.81 biweekly.
The City of Oshkosh, Wisconsin is searching for a full-time Economic Development Specialist. This position provides multi-disciplinary solutions for economic and community development projects and assists in managing City-related contacts, reviews, approvals, and inspections to ensure projects stays on time and on budget. This position assists with inter-departmental coordination for projects. Responsibilities include selling, managing, and maintaining all City-related property parcels in the industrial and business parks, redevelopment districts, and any other City or Redevelopment Authority (RDA) owned parcels as needed. This position also provides real estate, environmental, and financial assistance for City economic development projects and prospects.
Specific duties include:
· Guide necessary parties through commercial development projects to ensure project is on track and is in compliance with city codes and facilitate solutions to resolve design, easement, and code issues or interpretations.
· Property management including maintenance, marketing, sales, and acquisition.
· Serve as lead liaison between city staff, land owners, developers, and environmental consultants.
· Assist in financial packaging for economic development prospects and projects, such as providing financial analysis, business consulting, application assistance, program development, administration, and grant writing.
· Provide administrative and professional staff support for economic development and community development committees such as Oshkosh Business Improvement District and RDA as needed.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Public Administration, Economics or other related program, a minimum of three (3) years of experience performing responsible and varied professional economic development, planning, public administration, real estate, marketing and/or finance work, and a valid Driver’s License.
Apply online at: https://selfservice.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/ESS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
The City of Oshkosh is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.