Title: Accounting Specialist
Employment: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Start Date: ASAP
Turning Point USA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2012 by Charlie Kirk. The organization’s mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government. Turning Point USA believes that every young person can be enlightened to true free market values.
Since its founding, Turning Point USA has embarked on a mission to build the most organized, active, and powerful conservative grassroots activist network on high school and college campuses across the country. With a presence on over 3,000 campuses, Turning Point USA is the largest and fastest-growing youth organization in America.
Job Description: Turning Point USA’s Accounting Specialist will maintain financial records with daily entries in accordance with GAAP. Incumbent will process accounts receivable and accounts payable, classify accounting records, reconcile accounts, research and gather information for financial reporting and audits, assist the finance function with special projects, have a strong work ethic and a keen attention to detail and report directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Ethical and responsible behavior
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting or Finance)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Google Drive (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to fulfill all duties listed and any additional duties assigned
- An unrelenting, positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and goal-oriented
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Punctual and very responsive
- Experience working in conservative grassroots politics
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or related field
- Experience with QuickBooks, Oracle, or other accounting software
- Experience with SAP Concur expense report processing
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and vlookups
- 1-2 years experience in accounts payable/receivable processing and related fields
This position is required to have a valid driver's license, a reliable mode of transportation, and proof of insurance when applicable and will be required to pass a background check.