Case Management Specialist - Refugee & Immigration Services
Catholic Charities Maine Refugee & Immigration Services in Bangor has a Full-Time opening for a Case Management Specialist.
Definition: The Case Management Specialist is responsible for the provision of primary refugee resettlement case management services and refugee medical screening for all eligible clients in the Bangor area. This position will report directly to the Bangor site manager and be based in Bangor. They will additionally be the liaison between the State Refugee Health Coordinator and the Bangor refugee program.
The position provides case management to newly arrived refugees including locating housing, connecting to local social services, enrollment in adult education and public schools and support with ensuring food, clothing, and household goods.
This position receives all overseas medical records for primary refugee arrivals in Bangor and coordinates any immediate medical resources required for new refugee clients. The Case Management Specialist is the main point of contact for all contracted clinic and hospital facilities in Greater Bangor, which may include answering questions regarding the medical screening process and providing client information as needed. They will assist with health-related projects as needed --- including partnering with local universities, working with Ethnic Based Community Organizations, and developing preventative health workshops for refugee clients.
Training for this position starts mid-late July 2022.
- A choice of three (3) comprehensive medical plans
- Dental & Vision Insurance options
- Short- and long-term disability, life insurance (employer paid!)
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance with a Be-Well Benefit (optional)
- Six (6) weeks of Earned Time (first year!) plus an additional six (6) agency holidays
- Bereavement Time off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401k agency contribution after 1 year employment
- Wellness reimbursement - Up to $100 per year on health and wellness purchases!
- ADP LifeMart Employee Discount program
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health or social service-related field or equivalent experience. Education and experience in all countries considered.
- Management experience is preferred.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a social services or health related services is preferred. Multilingual skills (Arabic, Kinyarwanda, French, Swahili, Somali) and experience working in multicultural settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of health care systems and local community health resources is also preferred.
- Experience in training or education desirable.
You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (email@example.com), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and Affirmative Action/EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to: https://www.ccmaine.org/employment