Production Admin/Research Intern
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE
GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
American Experience Part time (20 hours) Intern – Admin/Research
For more than 30 years, American Experience has been television’s most-watched history series. Hailed as “peerless” (The Wall Street Journal), “the most consistently enriching program on television” (Chicago Tribune), and “a beacon of intelligence and purpose” (Houston Chronicle), the series brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that have shaped America’s past and present. AMERICAN EXPERIENCE also creates original digital content which uses new forms of storytelling to connect our collective past with the present.
Tasks would be assigned from the American Experience admin department (business and legal) and Senior Editorial team.
- Provide support related to renewal broadcasts of programs (i.e., research and outreach for current tax documentation/contact information)
- Assist with program database entries and database maintenance for program materials
- Assist with research on film topics. This work may involve conducting online research, identifying books and articles about the topics under consideration, and identifying other films that may have been made about the subject
Skills and qualifications
- Interest in the business and legal aspects of production
- Database experience
- Strong research, organizational & planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
- Fall 2022 Virtual Internship dates: September 12th through December 2nd.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to WIFI.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 617-300-2000.