Documentary Production Instructor, Temporary, Part-Time Pool (3184126)
Documentary Production Instructor, Temporary, Part-Time Pool
Salary (Applicant View)
Rate is set in accordance with the City College of San Francisco Faculty Salary Schedule for hourly assignments. Currently the rate upon entry is from $83.96 to $91.64 per hour depending upon placement.
TEMPORARY, PART-TIME POOL
Faculty - Part-Time Pool
Full Time/Part Time
The Cinema Department at City College of San Francisco seeks experienced documentary filmmakers to teach Documentary Filmmaking in our department. We seek culturally responsive instructors who can teach students the fundamental skills of documentary production, sound recording, lighting, cinematography, and editing. Note that this is a job pool and not a guarantee of an assignment.
1. Teach day, evening, and/or Saturday courses in Documentary Filmmaking in the Cinema Department in accordance with departmental course outlines and design instructional activities that promote student learning and achievement.
2. Familiarity with both feature and short forms of documentary filmmaking.
3. Experience working with professional film production equipment and non-linear editing programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro.
4. Teach in accordance with departmental course outlines and design instructional activities that promote achievement of student learning outcomes.
5. Maintain appropriate records in accordance with the needs of the Cinema Department and the requirements of the college.
6. Participate in departmental functions such as: department meetings, flex activities, office hours, promotion of department activities, and assessment of student learning outcomes.
7. Maintain industry contacts and knowledge of developing technologies in documentary film production.
8. Participates in ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion trainings to center pedagogy.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with community college students with disabilities, various sexual orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent foreign degree, plus two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s assignment; OR THE EQUIVALENT;
Earned Associate Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent foreign degree, plus six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s assignment; OR THE EQUIVALENT.
[If you would like to claim education equivalency for the formal educational requirement, the “Faculty Equivalency Application From” is available on the left side margin. This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.]
1. MFA or MA in Film Production (or related degree) with an emphasis on documentary and/or ethnographic filmmaking.
2. Two or more years of teaching experience in film production at a post-secondary institution.
3. Experience teaching hybrid or partially online film production courses using the Canvas Learning Management System.
4. Experience in directing and/or producing documentaries for theatrical, television, streaming, or festival distribution.
5. Demonstrated effective engagement with and mentoring of diverse students.
6. Experience with grants and resource development.
7. Evidence of successful teaching experience at the university or college level using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students.
8. Demonstrated experience, commitment, and knowledge of inequities in higher education and rectifying policies and processes that restrict access for minoritized students.
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online Faculty Position Application Form at http://jobs.ccsf.edu. To be considered a candidate for this posting, the following materials must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or before 11:59 p.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to the Department Chair. Human Resources Department is not responsible for any documents addressed and/or sent to the Department Chair.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position, indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled. Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting. The letter should also address the applicant’s background and skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties. Please include a link to a work sample in your cover letter.
2. A current resume summarizing educational background, teaching experience, and related work experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Faculty Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific posting online. The statement “See Resume” is not acceptable.
4. Three (3) current telephone references within one year of date of application. The list of reference must include current supervisors/employers, colleagues or other professionals and their titles, who have knowledge of the responsibilities/duties specific to this type of position.
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed on applicant’s CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and actual verification of work experience will be required at a later date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree Evaluation sources information is located on the left side margin.]
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest, submit a concise response using only one page to discuss how your course content and teaching methods meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse learners. List classes or professional development activities you have participated in that directly relate to working with diverse student populations. (Note: Substitution of “diversity statement” with a “teaching philosophy” document will be automatically disqualified.)
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all application materials are complete when submitted and are received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All application materials become the property of the City College of San Francisco, and will not be returned. Application files for this posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer, Mildred Otis at (415) 452-5103 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee.
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
As approved by the governing Board of the San Francisco Community College District, beginning October 1, 2021, City College of San Francisco requires that new and current employees, students, and business partners participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All parties entering CCSF facilities must demonstrate proof of covid vaccination in compliance with current CDC and SFDPH guidelines. New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human Resources Department.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer, Mildred Otis at (415) 452-5103.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please include a link to a work sample in your cover letter.
City College of San Francisco will accept applications with all required supporting documentation at any time until August 31, 2023. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the department desires; a part-time hiring pool or pools will be developed and be in effect for a one-year period from which temporary appointments will be made on an as-needed basis.
The first round of screening and interview will commence in early September 2022 for those who have submitted completed application materials.
1. Letter of Interest
3. List of References
5. Diversity Statement
1. Transcript(s) - additional
2. California Community College Credentials
3. Equivalency Application Form
4. Foreign Degree Evaluation
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/3184126