Fall Intern, Witness Doc
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
Stitcher, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the best place to listen to, produce and monetize podcasts. The Stitcher app is one of the world's most popular podcast listening platforms, with a growing network of original content and a premium subscription service. Stitcher is home to Stitcher Originals, top-ranked comedy podcast network Earwolf, and award-winning documentary network Witness Docs, where it produces original content for talent such as Seth Rogen, LeVar Burton, Bill Nye, Office Ladies, and many more. We also provide ad sales and distribution services to 300+ shows such as WTF with Marc Maron, Crime Junkie, Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations and many more.
How you’ll make an impact:
Stitcher is seeking an intern interested in making and managing podcast projects. This person will be part of the Witness Docs team, responsible for bold documentary-style podcasts that rely on sharp reporting and compelling storytelling.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and contribute to operations for Stitcher’s slate of documentary podcasts that range from gripping serials to narrative-based interview shows.
- Help production teams by researching sources, sending booking requests, preparing background research for hosts, looking for archival materials, cutting tape, etc.
- Assist with the team in marketing, launching and managing shows.
- Participate in team meetings and creative collaboration.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Prior internship or working experience in podcasting/audio preferred.
- Experience with digital media systems a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of document creation/management system like MS-Office or Google Suite.
- Experience with audio editing software (ProTools, Hindenburg, Adobe Audition, etc) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to embrace and learn internal project management tools and systems.
- Familiarity with SiriusXM and Stitcher programming and a passion for podcasts is a must.
- A commitment to curiosity, thoughtful and inclusive storytelling.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with your supervisor.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, energetic, independent and responsive to feedback.
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to the highest journalistic standards and ethics.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.