Public Relations/Social Media Account Coordinator - Los Angeles or NYC (in-person)
CURICH|WEISS is a Public Relations and Digital Marketing agency focused on clients across the lifestyle sector. We handle consumer and trade communications, digital marketing, social media and corporate communications depending on clients’ specific needs. An Account Coordinator at CURICH|WEISS is an entrepreneurial, self-starter with impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, love for social (building communities on the likes of Instagram and TikTok) and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Account Coordinator implements aspects of PR & social media programs for clients as assigned including pitching and placing stories to target media outlets, social media (including content planning and implementation, influencer engagement, etc.), administrative duties such as writing (press materials, pitches, brand copy, et al.) and reporting (clips, status, agendas, et al.), and works within team to deliver exceptional service and impactful results. The Account Coordinator reports to an Account Executive or higher.
The Account Coordinator should establish and build appropriate media relations contacts, and demonstrate the ability and desire to build contacts across the industries key to the assigned account load and client roster. The Account Coordinator should be able to pitch and secure appropriate media (print, broadcast, online) as assigned. The Account Coordinator should demonstrate an understanding of the media landscape and public relations / marketing communications as appropriate to level (i.e. how media works, how to pitch, how to write, how to confirm placements, et al.) as well as stay abreast of key media developments, sharing those with team on a regular basis. The Account Coordinator should actively seek out new opportunities for growth and development and implement as agreed with manager and Leadership.
Note: This is an in-person role in our LA or NY office.
• Support account team as assigned
• Implement day-to-day program as assigned
• Deliver anticipated media placements for clients
• Clip placements for clients including daily media monitoring as well as proactive sharing; Find, collect and scan clips as necessary to showcase results to clients in a proactive manner
• Support agreed upon initiatives for clients, including but not limited to ongoing media relations, social media / digital marketing, event planning, influencer engagement, strategic partnerships, et al.
• Serve as contact with the client for agreed upon programs and initiatives, under guidance of manager
• Draft client-facing materials including press releases, bios, Q&As, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with media, influencers and organizations on behalf of clients and Agency
• Maintain database of key media, influencers, and organizations as directed by Leadership and / or manager to ensure media moves are reflected within database
• Draft and implement content calendar for Agency, as directed by Leadership, highlighting client wins, news and areas of agency expertise / focus