Fall Intern, Pandora Curation
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. Pandora provides consumers with a uniquely-personalized music and podcast listening experience with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology. Pandora is available through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products.
How you’ll make an impact:
Pandora is looking for interns to work with their Music Programming team to create superior radio content, across all genres. Interns must be well-versed on popular culture and its impact on the communities it affects. Exercises strong communication skills. Pays close attention to detail through analysis and critical thought.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to handle diverse assignments from multiple sides of the Pandora programming department.
- Assist with the coordination of music projects by compiling research and learn how to interpret the relevancy of the data.
- Exhibit strong writing skills (able to create descriptions/copy for stations, playlists and other properties that connect culturally with the targeted communities).
- Communicate effectively over email, Slack, and Zoom with internal team.
- Understand pop culture (entertainment, news, technology, politics etc.) and its origins of reference within communities across the country.
- Follow social media to discover the different daily or sometimes hourly trends sweeping pop culture.
- Strives to have a conversational understanding of the trends in media that drive the music industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications majors preferred.
- Prior internship or working experience in radio/TV preferred.
- Experience with digital media systems, a plus.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software, a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (
- Strong interest in learning all aspects of music programming
- Strong interest in music and pop culture.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.