Fall Intern, Talk Programming
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
SiriusXM is seeking interns interested in politics, entertainment, and comedy programming and/or pop culture to join one of our talk programming channels. Interns will get firsthand, on-the-job experience with the leaders in the radio industry.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and assist with daily operations for a live radio show.
- Participate in on-air content.
- Run sound board for live show or pre-taped interviews.
- Create content including promos and audiograms for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Edit audio in pre- and post-production for on-air use or to be used on social media.
- Prepare for shows with in-depth research and by participating in talent and production meetings.
- Work in a fast-paced, live environment with active deadlines.
- Interact with listeners through social media, email and on-air phone call screening.
- Conduct outreach to industry professionals, public relations and expert guests.
- Keep detailed logs of shows for producer’s records.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications and related majors preferred.
- Experience in radio/TV a plus.
- Experience with digital media systems (Photoshop, Adobe, video editing) a plus.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software, a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition), preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Familiar with SiriusXM programming.
- Knowledge and interest in current events, comedy, pop culture and politics.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.