Technical Writer - DMV
Idaho Transportation Department
Your Safety * Your Mobility * Your Economic Opportunity
Are you ready to make a difference for the citizens of Idaho while working for an award-winning state agency?
ITD is looking to fill a Technical Writer position for the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) located at our Headquarters office in Boise, Idaho. This position will research, write, illustrate and update DMV instructional manuals and promotional or technical ITD publications. In addition, the incumbent will create graphics and maintain documentation for internal and external use.
The successful candidate will be creative, as well feel confident in addressing and overcoming software and hardware issues. Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet multiple competing deadlines is imperative in this position.
Notice: This position requires a criminal background investigation before a final job offer is made.
Example of Duties
- Research, design layout, format, edit, illustrate and coordinate the publication of technical/instructional manuals or policy & procedure manuals
- Create and revise public promotional/instructional material.
- Design and edit newsletters.
- Design original graphics to be inserted into publications or promotional material using Adobe Illustrator CS4 and Adobe Photo Shot CS4.
- Design and publish internal projects.
- Apply creativity in presentation while respecting consistency and structure where necessary.
- Interpreting and translating laws, regulations, or policies into written procedures;
- Researching, composing, and editing technical information materials;
- Using word processing equipment and software to modify or develop technical or complex material in final form.
- Microsoft Sharepoint Online and associated applications such as Power Apps, Flow and Power BI.
- Experience with Camtasia, Storyline, Creative Cloud, Adobe Pro.
- Experience with photography.
- Background in journalistic writing and/or news media communication techniques.
- Knowledge of Adobe photographic and illustrative software.
- Knowledge of commercial design artistic principles.
- Adobe illustrative design software and photographic software, as well as the ability to creatively apply it based on artistic principals and a commercial design background.