Fire Protection Consultant
Jensen Hughes has career opportunities for new graduates and staff Consultants/Fire Protection Engineers. We are interested in entry level and team members with 2-5 years' experience. The position will be based in our Anaheim, California office and will work on a variety of fire protection and life safety projects.
- Perform professional-level fire protection engineering services such as life safety code consulting, sprinkler design, fire alarm design, performance-based fire engineering design, under the direction of a P.E. or an experienced consultant.
- Develops plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with good professional service practice standards.
- Assist in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Identify applicable codes and standards to reference in evaluating how to respond to inquiries.
- Conduct and document assigned work such as basic building code analyses, egress analyses, fire detection and alarm systems reviews, smoke control systems reviews, and basic sprinkler and water supply systems reviews, including hydraulic calculations.
- Apply engineering calculations such as size required, means of egress, maximum allowable building area, sprinkler system water supplies and smoke control equipment.
- Submit progress reports to Project Managers and Project Leaders.
- Effectively communicate with project team members, clients and others.
- Position may involve some CADD document preparation/production Professional career development in specific Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles or construction technology and practices.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Responsible self-starter with problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Possess intermediate-level personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) entry level or candidates with 2-5 years' experience.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills to write reports, business correspondence, presentations and procedure manuals, and to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and the general public.
- Passion advancing the science of safety and in exceeding our client expectations
Jensen Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.